***Important update: As of Sept. 17, the registration office has relocated to the St. John Street Education Center, located at 22 St. John Street in Monticello. If you have an in-person appointment, please report to that location.***
Monticello Central School District has ongoing registration for new students throughout the school year and summer. Registration is done by appointment only. After making your appointment, please pre-register your child on the SchoolTool website.
For information about registering a child, contact the District Registrar by phone at 845-794-7700, ext. 78905, or by email at email@example.com.
Kindergarten Registration Dates
**Dates to register for the 2022-23 school year to be determined**
In order to qualify for kindergarten in September, your child must turn 5 years old on or before December 1 of the year they begin kindergarten.
As a reminder, please complete the online pre-registration, and bring your child’s birth certificate, immunization records and last physical, parent photo ID, proof of address and Project Excel application, if applicable.
Project Excel Registration
Click here for the Project Excel registration form. You may download this fillable form, complete it, save and then print to sign. Or print and complete. Make your registration appointment, as described above, and bring all of the documents listed below to the appointment.
What must I bring with me to register my child?
Proof of Parent/Guardian Identity:
- driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver ID; or, if not available,
- state or government issued ID; or, if not available,
- documents issued by federal, state or local agencies
Proof Of Residency:
- deed, mortgage or copy of legal lease agreement; or, if not available,
- rent receipt; or, if not available,
- telephone or utility bills; or, if not available,
- voter registration document; or, if not available,
- membership documents, such as a library card (if it has parent’s address); or, if not available,
- pay stub or bank information; or if not available,
- income tax form
Proof of Child’s Date of Birth:
- a duly certified birth certificate filed according to law; or, if not available,
- a passport showing the date of birth of the child; or, if not available,
- a baptismal certificate.
Child’s Health Records:
- immunization record; or, if not available,
- records indicating your child has had, or at least started, the required immunizations
- health/physical exam records
Please note: All new students will be expected to provide the school nurse with documentation of an annual physical exam which has been completed within 12 months of entry to the school. Students who cannot present such documentation must have a physical exam within 30 days of starting school.
Other Records, If Relevant:
- transcripts of grades to date
- custody papers
- IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from previous school district
- section 504 documentation from previous school district
- last report card for placement purposes