Monticello Central School District has ongoing registration for new students throughout the school year and summer. Registration is done by appointment only. After making your appointment, please pre-register your child on the SchoolTool website.
For information about registering a child, contact the District Registrar by phone at 845-794-7700, ext. 78905, or by email at email@example.com.
During district’s COVID-19 closure, registration remains open by appointment
Registration remains open for new registrants by appointment only. To register, please complete the online pre-registration and call District Registrar Jeanne Wilkowski at 845-794-7700 ex: 78905 to complete the registration process.
Current families who need to update their address and/or phone numbers should call registration.
In order to qualify for kindergarten in September, your child must turn 5 years old on or before December 1 of the year they begin kindergarten.
UPK and Kindergarten registration for the 2020-21 school year will take place from June 1 June 18. If you have not yet set up an appointment for the 2020-21 school year, please contact Jeanne Wilkowski at 845-794-7700, ext. 78905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the need for social distancing, registration will be held outdoors, near the auditorium/registration entrance of Monticello High School and you must wear a mask. The appointment is for registration only; your child does not need to be present.
As a reminder, please complete the online pre-registration, and bring your child’s birth certificate, immunization records and last physical, parent photo ID, proof of address and Project Excel application, if applicable.
What must I bring with me to register my child?
Proof of Parent/Guardian Identity:
- driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver ID; or, if not available,
- state or government issued ID; or, if not available,
- documents issued by federal, state or local agencies
Proof Of Residency:
- deed, mortgage or copy of legal lease agreement; or, if not available,
- rent receipt; or, if not available,
- telephone or utility bills; or, if not available,
- voter registration document; or, if not available,
- membership documents, such as a library card (if it has parent’s address); or, if not available,
- pay stub or bank information; or if not available,
- income tax form
Proof of Child’s Date of Birth:
- a duly certified birth certificate filed according to law; or, if not available,
- a passport showing the date of birth of the child; or, if not available,
- a baptismal certificate.
Child’s Health Records:
- immunization record; or, if not available,
- records indicating your child has had, or at least started, the required immunizations
- health/physical exam records
Please note: All new students will be expected to provide the school nurse with documentation of an annual physical exam which has been completed within 12 months of entry to the school. Students who cannot present such documentation must have a physical exam within 30 days of starting school.
Other Records, If Relevant:
- transcripts of grades to date
- custody papers
- IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from previous school district
- section 504 documentation from previous school district
- last report card for placement purposes