Good Day Monticello High School Students!
We are bringing back our summer internship program! If you are eligible, as it pertains to our Board of Education Policy on Eligibility (Policy 5205 found here), then you can apply for one of six internship positions. Below are the details.
- Days: Monday through Friday, July 26th through August 27th, 2021
- Time: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break
- 6.5 hours each day x 4 days per week = 26 hours total each week
- Wages: $12.50 per hour
- Appointments for working papers can be scheduled through our Guidance Secretary, Julie Yewchuk, at 845-794-8840, extension 10951.
Apply for any open position using this link. Applications are due July 18th, 2021.
Principal’s Office Student Intern Job Description
The student intern will complete tasks that may vary on a particular day. Interns need to be innovative, creative, independent thinkers, who will collaborate with school and district administration on projects. Out of the box thinking is necessary. Interns must be flexible and open minded about participating in new experiences. There are no set expectations for interning in the principal’s office. Each internship cycle will be unique based upon the needs at that time. Summer internship experience may include collaboration on the high school budget.
Buildings and Grounds
The student intern will complete tasks that may vary according to the needs on a particular day. The tasks may include:
Assist plant operations office staff:
- Update building floor plans, scan drawings, track roof leaks
- Follow up with contractors on their assigned work
- Electronic filing
- Paper file, drawing separation & cataloging
- Organize materials and supplies
- Work order system data entry
- Inventory of building chemicals
- Move furniture
- Clean spaces, furniture, and equipment as needed
- Electronic filing and chemical inventory SDS program input.
- Equipment repairs
- Filter changes
- Carpentry/masonry work
- General maintenance work
- Pick up trash
- Sports fields work
- Landscape work
- Parking/paving work