The Annual School District Budget Vote and Board of Education Elections will be held from 8:00 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 for the residents of the Monticello Central School District. In order to vote, you must be registered. Registration is now open and the last day to register for the May 17, 2022 vote is May 10, 2022.
Residents of the school district who already vote in general elections are already eligible to vote in school elections.
The basic requirements for voter registration are:
- U.S. citizenship
- 18 years of age or older at the time of the vote
- Residency in the school district for 30 days or more prior to the vote (April 18, 2022)
Those who are not registered to vote may register at any of the schools within the district as well as the district office. Go to the building secretary in the main office of any of the schools or to the school district clerk with the following documentation:
- Picture ID
- Proof of address
- Document to prove 30-day residency (for example, utility bill)
Locations for voter registration:
- Emma C. Chase Elementary School, 28 Pennsylvania Ave., Wurtsboro (polling site)
- George L. Cook Elementary School, 69 Richardson Ave., Monticello
- Kenneth L. Rutherford Elementary School, 26 Patricia Place, Monticello
- Robert J. Kaiser Middle School, 45 Breakey Ave., Monticello (polling site)
- Monticello High School, 39 Breakey Ave., Monticello
- Administrative Office, 6 Jefferson Street, Suite 3, Monticello
Office hours at the middle and high school are 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; elementary schools from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and at the district office from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4 p.m.
There is also a Voter Registration Day scheduled for May 10, 2022 at all polling sites from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- RJK Middle School
- Chase Elementary
- Duggan Elementary
- Rock Hill Fire House
- Forestburgh Town Hall