Vote for Priyal and Nishi Patel in international speech contest

Cooke Elementary School students Priyal and Nishi Patel are competing in an international speech contest through Eye Level Learning Center. All of their classmates, teachers and friends can view their speeches online and vote for them.

Here’s how it works: click on each of their YouTube video links – Priyal’s speech and Nishi’s speech – and listen to their speeches. Then ‘like’ each of them. Each ‘like’ counts as a vote. You can vote from now until March 31.

Judges will score each of the contestants, accounting for 80 percent of their total score. The other 20 percent comes from the likes on YouTube so your vote definitely counts.

Priyal is a student in Mrs. Einhorn’s fifth grade class while Nishi is in Mrs. Koch’s third grade class. The topic of their speeches is inventions to make life easier.  The sisters competed in a regional competition in Mahwah, N.J. where they bested approximately 30 others to move on to this national round.

Good luck to both of them!