Our district uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and campus and district emergencies.
How do I sign up for SchoolMessenger?
Signing up for SchoolMessenger is easy. Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com and click the SIGN UP Button on the top of the page, or Download the SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message, that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
- After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
- Once you’ve created your account, we’ll automatically link the records associated with your email address.
- If you do not see all of your contacts, click “Is someone still missing?”
- On the next screen enter a phone number that your district has on file and select a verification method.
When you first sign in to the SchoolMessenger App you will receive a prompt for any phones you have in the system.
It’s that easy!
You can then:
- View the records associated with your account – student, staff, and/or parent records.
- Review the last 30 days’ worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information
To configure how you would like to receive notifications, click the Preferences link in the dropdown menu at the upper right of your screen (if you do not see the Preferences link, log out and log back in again).
Is SchoolMessenger secure?
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
What else do I need to know?
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.
For more information, be sure to visit the SchoolMessenger App Help section. To learn more about the app and its capabilities, watch the video for parents.