The “Parent Portal” gives middle school and high school parents and guardians access to certain information in the school’s student management system, SchoolTool. Parents/guardians are able to see progress reports and report cards, contact information, attendance and schedules. The parent portal allows parents to keep track of their child’s progress and we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity.
If you would like to have access to student information in SchoolTool, you need to send us a current, functioning email address which we will then add to our database. Once we enter the email addresses into our database, parents will be able to log in and go through the process of creating their passwords.
There is a link on the school website to the SchoolTool website. It is located at the bottom of each page, listed under “Connect.”
If you are interested in having access to SchoolTool, please do the following:
- Send an email to MSparentportal@k12mcsd.net from the email address you will be using. In other words, if you are going to use the email address “sally@ yahoo.com” to access SchoolTool, then you must send the email to request
parent portal access from “sally @yahoo.com” not from another email address you use, such as your work email.
- In the email you send, type “parent portal access” in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, simply include your name and your student’s name as indicated on their student record and the school your student attends. If you have students in both the middle school and the high school, you may include them in the same email.
- Approximately two weeks after you have submitted your e-mail, you will receive an e-mail instructing you to go to the district website (https://www.monticelloschools.net) and click on the “SchoolTool/Parent Portal” link at the bottom of the page under “Connect.”
- The directions will lead you through the set up of your account. You will be asked to enter your email address (the one from which you sent the original request) in setting up a new account.
- A temporary password will be e-mailed to your account. Please copy and paste that password into the password selection box. You will have the opportunity to change your password later. We suggest copy and paste because the password is quite complicated for security reasons.
Please understand that the Monticello Central School District does not have access to your password. If you forget your password, you will use a process in the system to get a new one. Please do not call anyone in the district.
If you have questions, please contact the parent portal help desk via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 796-5033 and they will direct you to the appropriate help.
Thank you for your interest in your child’s education.
Nicholas Millas, Principal
Robert J. Kaiser Middle School
Monticello Central School District