POSITIONS: My Brother’s Keeper Coordinator (Grant Funded)
POST DATE: September 6, 2019
POST END DATE: September 20, 2019
START DATE: TBD
SALARY: Grant Funded $75.00 per Hour
LETTER OF INTEREST DEADLINE: September 20, 2019
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The My Brother’s Keeper Coordinator is a grant funded 12-month position.
Work schedule is approximately 15 hours per week. Candidate must be willing to work flexible hours (after-school, evenings, weekends, & summer).
(1)The Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day project operations and work with administrative
personnel; to develop program requirements and availability of funds and sources.
(2)Communicates with personnel affected by the grant to set goals and objectives on how funds are to be used.
(3)Directs, coordinates, evaluates, and monitors grant funded programs;
(4)Manages and supervises the function of the grant, maintains budget records for program and auditing purposes.
(5)Ensures that district policies, regulations, and guidelines are followed;
(6) Maintains necessary records and files for the Board of Education and administration as needed;
(7) Implements, monitors and oversees My Brother’s Keeper Community Action Plan
(8) Seeks community resources to expand and sustain My Brother’s Keeper Initiative beyond grand funded period;
(9) Collaborates with community partners to support My Brother’s Keeper Community Action Plan;
(10) Engages parents, community, students, and school officials to work towards My Brother’s Keeper Milestones;
(11) Evaluates student progress, and generates outcomes / budget reports to NYSED;
(12) Generates monthly My Brother’s Keeper digital Adobe Spark newsletters to open lines of communication with
stakeholders from community, school, and NYSED;
(13) Administers My Brother’s Keeper social media page, communicating regular updates and accomplishments to the public;
(14) Supervises team of My Brother’s Keeper employees ensuring accountability and compliance with policies, procedures,
and after school program implementation;
(15) Organizes weekly My Brother’s Keeper staffing meetings, and monthly individual supervision sessions with My Brother’s
(16) Spearheads public relations and marketing campaign to promote press and media coverage;
(17) Conducts comprehensive, holistic, cradle-to-career equity audits using strategic planning to drive policy.
(18) Provides youth empowerment platforms for advocacy and public speaking at local, state, and national levels;
(19) Organizes and implements monthly community events, field trips, and volunteer opportunities for families and students to
promote civic engagement;
(20) Provides professional developments for faculty, administration, families, and community as needed in relation to My
Brother’s Keeper Milestones;
(21) Serves as administrative lead on Monti- My Brother’s Keeper Advisory Council;
(22) Any other related duties as assigned.
(A) Current School District Leader (SDL) and/or School Building Leader (SBL) required.
(B) Master’s Degree in any of the following areas Teaching, Educational Leadership, Social Work, or Psychology.
(C) Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Staff, Students, and the Community.
(D) Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
(E) Knowledge of ESSA’s accountability revisions.
(F) Experience with restorative practices, cultural responsiveness, implicit bias, and disparities in educational systems.
(G) 3 years’ experience in high needs school districts.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your letter of interest to:
Executive Director of Special, Summer, and Afterschool Programs
Monticello Central School District
237 Foresttburgh Road
Monticello, NY 12701