- Show proof of their child’s up-to-date vaccinations, OR
- Provide a valid medical exemption from vaccination.
In order to attend or remain in school or day care, children who are unvaccinated or overdue must receive at least the first dose of all required vaccines within the first 14 days. They also must plan to receive all follow-up doses at the ages and intervals (time between doses) listed in the recommended vaccination schedule.
Vaccines required for day care, pre-K, and school attendance
- Diphtheria and Tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine and Pertussis vaccine (DTaP or Tdap)
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR)
- Polio vaccine
- Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine
Additional vaccines required for middle school and high school
- Tdap vaccine for Grades 6-12-
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY) for Grades 7-12
- Students in Grade 12 need an additional booster dose of MenACWY on or after their 16th birthday
Additional vaccines required for day care and pre-K
- Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine (HiB)
- Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine (PCV)
Middle School Information
Students who are 10 years old in grade 6 and who have not yet received a Tdap vaccine are in compliance until they turn 11 years old.
In school year 2022-2023, only doses of Tdap given at age 10 years or older will satisfy the Tdap requirement for students in grades 6, 7 and 8; however, doses of Tdap given at age 7 years or older will satisfy the requirement for students in grades 9 through 12.
High School Information
All student grade levels – Health Certificates and Dental Certificates
You may contact your family pediatrician for updates. In addition, there are clinics held at the Sullivan County Public Health Nursing Service (845-292-5910).
You may send any updated immunizations and physicals to your student’s school health office fax. You may also email the information to the nurses by using their first initial and full last name followed by @K12MCSD.NET
Ms. J. Baran Rutherford Elementary 794-4242 Ext. 5 Fax 794-5137
Mrs. N. Soldwedel Cooke Elementary 794-8830 Ext. 5 Fax 796-5006
Mrs. S. Poli Chase Elementary 888-2471 Ext. 5 Fax 796-5074
Ms. K. Werbalowsky Middle School 796-3058 Ext. 5 Fax 796-5035
Mrs. M. Rosenstein St. John Street 794-7700 Ext 95227 Fax 796-5097
Ms. V DeGraff High School 794-8840 Ext. 5 Fax 796-5037