The Monticello School District maintains a master list of substitute teachers, teaching assistants, teacher aides, monitors, typists, registered nurses and food service workers. This list is used by each of the schools to contact substitutes when a regular employee is absent.
Substitute Teachers and Other Instructional and Non-instructional Positions
Preference is given to substitutes who have a valid New York State permanent teaching certificate or provisional certificate. Undergraduates in college are also eligible if they are in their junior year or better. The district also contacts at least three professional references prior to adding an applicant to the substitute list.
Substitute rates are based on your educational level as follows:
- NY State Certified with Master’s Degree – $130 per day (days 1-29); $140 (30+ days)
- NY State Certified with Bachelor’s Degree – $110 per day (days 1-29); $120 (30+ days)
- Non-certified teacher – $95 per day (days 1-29); $105 (30+ days)
- Retired Certified Teacher / District – $150 per day
- School Nurse (RN/LPN) – $115/100 per day
- Teaching Assistants – $11.80 per hour
- Clerical – $11.80 per hour
- Cleaner – $11.80 per hour
- Bus Monitor – $11.80 per hour
- Cafeteria – $11.80 per hour
- Bus Driver – $21.50 per hour
- Teacher Aides $11.80 per hour
For More Information
To obtain information about substitute teaching, please contact the Personnel Department at 845-794-7700, Ext. 70541 or stop by the Administration Office at 60 Jefferson St., Suite 3, in Monticello.
NOTE: Substitute teachers are required by New York State to be fingerprinted, have background checks, and be issued a clearance by the State Education Department prior to beginning work.
Substitute Support Staff Workers
- Teacher aide/monitor
- Registered nurse
- Food service helper
NOTE: Substitute support staff workers are required by New York State to be fingerprinted, have background checks, and be issued a clearance by the State Education Department prior to beginning work.
Monticello Central School District
60 Jefferson Street, Suite 3
Monticello, NY 12701
Phone: (845) 794-7700
Fax: (845) 794-7710
The Monticello School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made. Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to: Title IX Officer, Tanya Duryea, Director of PPS, 39 Breakey Ave., Monticello, NY 12701