Monticello Central School District Public Posting for May 21, 2019 Budget and Elections
The Annual School District Budget Vote and Board of Education Elections will be held from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 for the residents of the Monticello Central School District. In order to vote, you must be registered. Registration is now open and the last day to register for the May 21, 2019 vote is May 14, 2019.
Residents of the school district who already vote in general elections are already eligible to vote in school elections.
The basic requirements for voter registration are:
- U.S. citizenship
- 18 years of age or older at the time of the vote
- Residency in the school district for 30 days or more prior to the vote (April 22, 2019)
Those who are not registered to vote may register at any of the schools within the district as well as the district office. Go to the building secretary in the main office of any of the schools or to the school district clerk with the following documentation:
- Picture ID
- Proof of address
- Document to prove 30-day residency (for example, utility bill)
Locations for voter registration:
- Emma C. Chase Elementary School, 28 Pennsylvania Ave., Wurtsboro (polling site)
- George L. Cook Elementary School, 69 Richardson Ave., Monticello
- Kenneth L. Rutherford Elementary School, 26 Patricia Place, Monticello
- Robert J. Kaiser Middle School, 45 Breakey Ave., Monticello (polling site)
- Monticello High School, 39 Breakey Ave., Monticello
- Administrative Office, 237 Forestburgh Road, Monticello
Office hours at the middle and high school are 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; elementary schools from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and at the district office from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
There is also a Voter Registration Day scheduled for May 14, 2019 at all polling sites from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- RJK Middle School
- Chase Elementary
- Duggan Elementary
- Rock Hill Fire Department
- Forestburgh Town Hall
Voting by Absentee Ballot
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that applications for absentee ballots may be applied for at the office of the School District Clerk in the Administration Building during school business hours Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.; completed application must be received by the School District Clerk at least seven (7) days before the election (May 14, 2019) if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election (May 20, 2019), if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter. Absentee ballots must be received in the office of the School District Clerk no later than 5:00 pm, prevailing time, on May 21, 2019.
There are three ways to request an application:
- Download the application online
- Call for an application: (845) 794-7700 ext. 70523
- Request by mail:
Monticello Central School District
School District Clerk
237 Forestburgh Road
Monticello, NY 12701