POSITIONS: Substitute Building Maintenance Mechanic
POST DATE: August 23, 2019
POST END DATE: September 6, 2019
LOCATION: Plant Operations
TIME OF WORKDAY: TBD
START DATE ASAP
DEADLINE: September 6, 2019
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year (1) of experience in a position requiring the use of standard hand tools in a mechanical or construction trade.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of an appropriate New York State motor vehicle operator’s license at the at the time of appointment
DESCRIPTION: This position involves a variety of semi-skilled tasks involved in the maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, and equipment. The duties of the position may require basic duties involving standard building trades and will also involve unskilled tasks. The incumbent may be assigned to work alone with little or no immediate supervision. When assigned a more technical or complicated task, supervision is provided by a skilled worker.
• Thorough knowledge of the practices, processes, material and tools of building mechanical maintenance including HVAC, plumbing and electrical;
• Thorough knowledge of modern building maintenance and repair practices;
• General knowledge of painting, carpentry, grounds, etc.;
• Demonstrated competency in either general building construction or maintenance working in the HVAC, plumbing and electrical trades;
• Ability to understand and implement oral and written directions;
• Mechanical aptitude, dependability, thoroughness;
• Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
HOW TO APPLY: Monticello Central School District Application & Resume to:
Personnel Department ATTN: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District
237 Forestburgh Rd.
Monticello, NY 12701
Tel. 845-794-7700 Fax 845-794-7718