POSITION: Senior Typist-12 Month
POST DATE: August 16, 2019
POST END DATE: August 30, 2019
LOCATION: Monticello Central School District
START DATE ASAP
LETTER OF INTEREST DEADLINE: August 30, 2019
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (A) Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and one year of clerical experience, which shall have involved typing; or
(B) Three years of clerical experience which shall have involved typing; or
(C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as indicated in (A) and (B) above.
NOTE: Completion of post high school education in the area of secretarial sciences or a related field can be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis, if the coursework included classes in typing.
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be able to pass the Sullivan County Civil Service Senior Typist Test.
DESCRIPTION: Monticello Central School District is seeking a Senior Typist (12-Month) to fill an anticipated vacancy.
SALARY RANGE: $32,500-$33,500
Salary will commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY: Monticello Central School District Application to:
Monticello Central School District Personnel Department
Attn: Rhonda Jeter
237 Forestburgh Road
Monticello, NY 12701
(845)794-7700 ext. 70541
1. Working Knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment;
2. Some Knowledge of business arithmetic and English;
3. Ability to learn how to effectively operate information-processing equipment in a short period of time;
4. Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out the instructions contained in operating procedure manuals, machine manuals, or technical manuals;
5. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions;
6. Ability to write legibly;
7. Clerical aptitude ;
8. Mental alertness;
9. Ability to get along with others;
10. Tact and Courtesy;
11. Good judgement;
12. Good physical condition.