The Scholarship Program was created to celebrate and reward the effort students put into getting ready for college. The Scholarship Program seeks to clarify the complex college planning process and motivate and reward students to prepare for college with scholarships based on their efforts and action.
The Scholarship Program is open to students in high school, beginning in their junior year, who meet all eligibility requirements stated below, and encourages them to complete six key college planning steps during their junior and senior years of high school.
There are a total of seven scholarships to be awarded. By completing each step, students become eligible for the scholarship associated with that step. Students who complete all six steps are also eligible for the seventh Complete Your Journey scholarship. The seven scholarships, named after the required steps, are listed below:
- Build Your College List: Get started by exploring colleges of interest and build and save a college list on BigFuture™ (bigfuture.collegeboard.org) with at least six (6) schools. You must be logged in to BigFuture™ using your College Board account.
- Practice for the SAT: Log in and practice for the SAT using Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy® (www.satpractice.org) for at least six (6) hours. Your College Board and Khan Academy® accounts must be linked.
- Improve Your Score: Improve your score on the SAT by 100 points or more and practice on Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy® (www.satpractice.org) for at least twelve (12) hours. Score improvement of 100 points or more can be from the highest of any official PSAT/NMSQT taken between October 2017 and October 2018 to an official SAT taken on or after the March 2019 through December 2019 (the “Period”) administrations, or from one official SAT administration to another official SAT administration during the Period. You must have a minimum 100 point score improvement and practice 12 or more hours to qualify for this scholarship. Where 100 point score improvement is not possible (i.e., if a student has scored 1500 points or more as their baseline score), score improvement will be recognized when the student takes the SAT and achieves a score that is at least 10 points higher than their previous score of 1500 or higher. Your College Board and Khan Academy® accounts must be linked, and you must be logged in while practicing.
- Strengthen Your College List: Create or edit a college list on BigFuture™ (bigfuture.collegeboard.org) so that it has a minimum of one (1) “safety,” two (2) “match,” and three (3) “reach” colleges. You must be logged in to BigFuture™ using your College Board account and you must save your college list.
- Complete the FAFSA: With your parent or legal guardian, fill out and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, available at www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa, to apply for financial aid. You will be required to provide your FAFSA confirmation number to verify that you submitted the FAFSA if you are selected for one of these scholarships.
- Apply to Colleges: Apply to at least two (2) colleges. You will be required to provide proof of your college applications if you are selected for one of these scholarships.
- Complete Your Journey: Complete all six (6) of the activities required to qualify for Scholarships 1-6, above.
See link for more details: https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/about/official-rules
Due online by February, 29th, 2020