Position: STREAM Committee Member(s)
Post Date: June 14, 2019
Post End Date: June 28, 2019
Salary: $2,500.00 Stipend – Grant Funded
- Reports to: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Qualifications: Current NYS Certification in Math, Science, Technology, or Arts and teaching at the secondary level – Grades 6-12 OR current NYS Certification in Elementary K-6, with a background/interest in Math, Science, Technology or Arts and teaching at the elementary level – Grades K-5
- Function: Coordinate and facilitate the STREAM Team to carry out the vision and plan of action created by the 2013-14 team
- Salary: $2,500.00 Grant Funded Stipend
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Stream Committee Members will perform those duties as follows and all other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Superintendent, or Principal. STREAM Committee Members are expected to act as STREAM leaders for the District, working collaboratively
to build a vision of STREAM for the MCSD and engage in activities to carry out that vision. Positions are one-year appointments.
- Regularly review current research, articles, and cutting edge educational initiatives regarding STREAM.
- Meet regularly, outside the school day (2x/month for up to 1.5 hours per meeting) with the STREAM Committee. As this is a stipend position, no hourly wage is paid.
- In collaboration with the STREAM Committee, create and implement STREAM project-based units (minimum of one project-based unit for the 2019-20 school year).
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Collaborate with school and District administration to administer and interpret various data sources and assessment results.
- Communicate and act as a lead for STREAM activities for the District regarding curriculum and pedagogical information including:
a. Development and facilitation of curriculum.
b. Locating and using appropriate instructional resources.
c. Serving as a coach and guide to staff relative to current “best practices” from the field.
d. Facilitating the exchange of ideas regarding instructional methods, techniques, and resources.
Letter of Interest Deadline: June 28, 2019
Contact: Please send letter of interest via hard copy or email to:
Personnel Department: Attn: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District Office
237 Forrestburgh Road
Monticello, NY 12701