Position: STREAM Committee Coordinator
Post Date: May 28, 2019
Post End Date: June 11, 2019
Interview: June 2019
BOE Appointments: June –July 2019
Salary: $5000 Stipend – Grant Funded
Reports to: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Qualifications: Current NYS Certification in Math, Science, Technology, or Arts and teaching at the secondary level – Grades 6-12
Function: Coordinate and facilitate the STREAM Team to carry out the vision and plan of action created by the 2013-14 team
Salary: $5,000 Grant Funded Stipend
Duties and Responsibilities:
The STREAM Committee Coordinator will perform those duties as follows and all other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Superintendent, or Principal. STREAM Committee Coordinator leads a team that acts as STREAM leaders for the District, working collaboratively to build a vision of STREAM for the MCSD and engage in activities to carry out that vision. Positions are one-year appointments.
- In collaboration with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, review, interview and select STREAM Committee members
- Meet regularly, outside the school day (2x/month for up to 1.5 hours per meeting) with the STREAM Committee. As this is a stipended position, no hourly wage is paid.
- In collaboration with the STREAM Committee, create and implement STREAM project-based units (minimum of one project-based unit for the 2018-19 school year).
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Communicate and act as a lead for STREAM activities for the District regarding curriculum and pedagogical information including:
- Development and facilitation of curriculum.
- Locating and using appropriate instructional resources.
- Serving as a coach and guide to staff relative to current “best practices” from the field.
- Facilitating the exchange of ideas regarding instructional methods, techniques, and resources.
- Collaborate with school and District administration to administer and interpret various data sources and assessment results.
Letter of Interest Deadline: June 11, 2019
Contact: Please send letter of interest via hard copy or email to:
Personnel Department: Attn: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District Office
237 Forrestburgh Road
Monticello, NY 12701