POSITION: Grant Funded Music Mentors (2)
(My Brother’s Keeper Program)
POST DATE: Feb. 4, 2019
POST END DATE: Feb. 18, 2019
TIME OF WORKDAY: Must be available to work afternoons and/or evenings and/or weekends.
START DATE: TBD
DEADLINE: Feb. 18, 2019
SALARY: Grant Funded $20.00 per Hour
- Experience interacting with at risk youth.
- Experience teaching and performing music; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as described in (1) and (2) above.
Incumbents in this title may perform some or all of the following, as well as other related activities not described.
- Facilitate organized group discussions with MBK students using music as the vessel of communication;
- Create engaging and hands on activities for the youth to work in small groups or large groups depending on group dynamics;
- Teach and instruct MBK students on music skills, music recording, producing, mixing, mastering, engineering, instruments, singing, rapping, and song writing.
- Teach and instruct MBK students to record and edit videography and marketing strategies to promote music and music videos;
- Supervise and engage students at all times to ensure safety, conduct compliance, and participation;
- Participate in collaborative team meetings with MBK staff to brainstorm strategies for engagement;
- May conduct parental outreach activities when such contact is indicated as necessary;
- Maintain MBK program attendance records and other documentation to show evidence of student progress;
- Mediate peer conflict as needed throughout MBK program activities;
- Assist in the day-to-day tasks needed to keep program running smoothly.
HOW TO APPLY: Letter of Interest, Resume and MCSD Application to:
Personnel Department ATTN: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District
237 Forestburgh Rd.
Monticello, NY 12701
Tel. 845-794-7700 Fax 845-794-7718