POSITION: Grant Funded Family Engagement Mentor
(My Brother’s Keeper Program)
POST DATE: Feb. 4, 2019
POST END DATE: Feb. 18, 2019
TIME OF WORKDAY: Must be available to work afternoons and/or evenings and/or weekends.
START DATE: TBD
DEADLINE: Feb. 18, 2019
SALARY: Grant Funded $20.00 per Hour
- Experience interacting with at risk youth.
- Experience with family outreach and parental engagement; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as described in (1) and (2) above.
Incumbents in this title may perform some or all of the following, as well as other related activities not described.
- Develop effective and creative engagement strategies for families, along with facilitating parental outreach activities on a regular basis; including but not limited to family event planning, home visits, phone calls, texting, email, social media, transportation coordination etc.;
- Maintain MBK program attendance records and parental communication log using electronic spreadsheet, and other documentation to show evidence of student progress;
- Facilitate individual and organized group discussions with MBK students;
- Create engaging and hands on activities for the youth to work in small groups or large groups, depending on group dynamics;
- Teach and instruct MBK students on life skills, communication skills, and character education;
- Supervise and engage students at all times to ensure safety, conduct compliance, and participation;
- Participate in collaborative team meetings with MBK staff to brainstorm strategies for engagement;
- Mediate peer conflict as needed throughout the MBK program activities;
- Assist in the day-to-day tasks needed to keep program running smoothly.
HOW TO APPLY: Letter of Interest, Resume and MCSD Application to:
Personnel Department ATTN: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District
237 Forestburgh Rd.
Monticello, NY 12701
Tel. 845-794-7700 Fax 845-794-7718