POSITIONS: Grant Funded Student Engagement Mentors (3)
(My Brother’s Keeper Program) – 18-19 (138)
POST DATE: Feb. 4, 2019
POST END DATE: Feb. 18, 2019
TIME OF WORKDAY: Must be available to work afternoons and/or evenings and/or weekends.
START DATE: TBD
DEADLINE: Feb. 18, 2019
SALARY: Grant Funded $20.00 per Hour
- Experience interacting with at risk youth.
- Knowledge of culturally responsive practices and interventions.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as described in (1) and (2) above.
DESCRIPTION: Incumbents in this title may perform some or all of the following, as well as other related activities not described.
- Ensure a positive, productive, and stable environment utilizing positive communication strategies and developing strong relationships;
- Teach and instruct MBK students on life skills, communication skills, and character education;
- Supervise and engage students at all times to ensure safety, conduct compliance, and participation;
- Participates in collaborative team meetings with MBK staff to brainstorm strategies for engagement;
- Develop effective and creative engagement strategies for families, along with facilitating parental outreach activities on a regular basis;
- Maintain MBK program attendance records;
- Mediate peer conflict as needed throughout MBK program activities;
- Facilitate individual and organized group discussions, restorative circles, community circles, and reading groups with MBK students;
- Create engaging and hands on activities for the youth to work in small groups or large groups, depending on group dynamics;
- Assist in the day-to-day tasks needed to keep program running smoothly.
HOW TO APPLY: Letter of Interest, Resume and MCSD Application to:
Personnel Department ATTN: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District
237 Forestburgh Rd.
Monticello, NY 12701
Tel. 845-794-7700 Fax 845-794-7718