POSITIONS: Grade-Level Leaders (Grades K-5) 2019-2020 School Year
FOR EACH OF THE THREE ELEMENTARY BLDGS.
- One Kindergarten
- One First Grade
- One Second Grade
- One Third Grade
- One Fourth Grade
- One Fifth Grade
- One Special Education Teacher
NOTE: We must have representation from ALL THREE buildings in each grade level.
POST DATE: June 14, 2019
POST END DATE: June 28, 2019
SALARY: $2,500.00 Stipend – Grant Funded Stipend, pending Grant Approval
BUILDINGS: Emma C. Chase, George L. Cooke, & Kenneth L. Rutherford
Report to: Director of Curriculum and Instruction and Building Principal
Qualifications: Current NYS Certification in appropriate certification area
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Grade Level Leaders will perform those duties as follows and all other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Superintendent, Superintendent or Principal. Grade level Leaders are expected to act as facilitators to build capacity within each grade level regarding evidence-based intervention strategies, the regular gathering of data, discussion regarding data, setting and building action plans for the Tier 2
intervention programs and the attainment of grade-level goals and leading team discussion for decision-making. Positions are one –year appointments.
- Meet regularly, outside the school day one meeting per month (3rd Thursday of every Month) to engage in professional learning around evidence-based programs and practices to be used for intervention during WIN time, regularly review science and social studies curriculum materials, and turn-key the learning for Grade Level Teams in the building.
- Facilitate Innov8 at the grade level
b. Collecting written articulate curricular units
c. Engage in end-of year selection of common MCSD Innov8 experiences
- In collaboration with the Instructional Coaches, create the agendas for and facilitate all grade level meetings. Grade-level meetings will occur within the school day on a monthly basis. These meetings require the delivery of professional development.
- Communicate and act as a lead for the Grade-Levels regarding curriculum, assessment and all pedagogical information including:
a.Development and facilitation of curriculum.
b. Locating and using appropriate instructional resources.
c. Serving as a coach and guide to staff relative to current “best practices” from the field.
d. Maintain membership in state and national professional organizations and act as a coach and guide to staff relative to current “best practices” from the field.
e. Facilitating the exchange of ideas regarding instructional methods, techniques and resources.
- Collaborate with school and District administration to administer and interpret various data sources and assessment results.
- Prepare reports as needed.
NOTE: Tentative Meeting Dates: 9/19, 10/17, 11/21, 12/19, 1/16, 2/20, 3/19, 4/16, 5/21, 6/18 (3rd Thursday of every month)
LETTER OF INTEREST DEADLINE: June 28, 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Letter of Interest
Personnel Department Attn: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District
237 Forestburgh Rd.
Monticello, NY 12701
Tel. 845-794-7700 Fax 845-794-7710