POSITIONS: Elementary Math Coach /Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA)
POST DATE: June 25, 2019
POST END DATE: July 9, 2019
LOCATION: Monticello Central School District
START DATE: Sept. 3, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 9, 2019
REPORTS TO: Building Principals & Director of Curriculum and Instruction
QUALIFICATIONS: Current NYS Certification in Early Childhood Education (B-2) and Childhood Education (1-6)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Elementary Math Instructional Coach will perform those duties as follows and all other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Curriculum or Principal/s. Instructional Coaches are expected to act as facilitators to build capacity across grade levels and for the regular gather of data, setting and building action plans for the attainment of grade-level goals and leading team discussions for decision-making. Seniority can be accrued while in this position.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction to set the agenda for grade level meetings in regard to instructional strategies, curriculum updates, data and assessment practices and analysis, goal setting, intervention programs and procedures, etc.
- Co-facilitate Math Task Force meetings.
- Meet with Grade Level Leaders once a month, outside the school day, to deliver professional learning, share best practices, facilitate data discussions, analyze data and trouble shoot grade level issues. Instructional Coaches will be paid the regular hourly rate for these meetings.
- Plan and deliver professional learning, outside the school day, up to eight times a year, providing support for best practice in mathematics instruction or intervention, at the regular hourly rate.
- Attend grade level meetings in buildings, as necessary.
- Provide in-class support, through modeling and coaching, as needed in any of the three buildings.
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas regarding instructional methods, techniques and resources.
- Collaborate with School and district administration to administer and interpret various data sources and assessment results.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Attend the Early Childhood Development Council monthly meetings, the LIA Teacher Monthly Meetings, and other meetings as needed during the school day.
- Assist in locating and using appropriate instructional resources.
HOW TO APPLY: www.olasjobs.org
CONTACT: Personnel Department
Attn: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District
237 Forestburgh Rd
Monticello, NY 12701
Tel. 845-794-7700 x 70541 firstname.lastname@example.org