POSITION: Building Maintenance Mechanic
POST DATE: March 27, 2019
POST END DATE: April 10, 2019
LOCATION: Plant Operations
TIME OF WORKDAY: TBD
START DATE: ASAP
DEADLINE: April 10, 2019
- One year (1) of journey-level experience in one of the skilled building trades; or
- Three years (3) experience in either general building construction, maintenance work, or in the HVAC plumbing, or electrical trades; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined above.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of an appropriate New York State motor vehicle operator’s license at the at the time of appointment
DESCRIPTION: This position involves a variety of building maintenance and repair tasks of a skilled nature in the area of carpentry, plumbing, painting, masonry, heating, air conditioning, electrical, and related fields. A thorough knowledge of various mechanical groups is necessary with the ability to perform work from written plans. Duties are performed using independent judgement.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, processes, material and tools of building mechanical maintenance including HVAC, plumbing and electrical;
- Thorough knowledge of modern building maintenance and repair practices;
- General knowledge of painting, carpentry, grounds, etc.;
- Demonstrated competency in either general building construction or maintenance working in the HVAC, plumbing and electrical trades;
- Ability to understand and implement oral and written directions;
- Mechanical aptitude, dependability, thoroughness;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
HOW TO APPLY: Monticello Central School District Application & Resume to:
Personnel Department ATTN: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District
237 Forestburgh Rd.
Monticello, NY 12701
Tel. 845-794-7700 Fax 845-794-7718