POSITION: Student Services Liaison
POST DATE: July 19, 2019
POST END DATE: August 2, 2019
START DATE: September 3, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 2, 2019
This position involves responsibility for providing student services in support of the overall academic goals and objectives of an education institution. The position may involve responsibility for such things as identifying, monitoring, and resolving attendance problems, monitoring student disciplinary problems, conducting outreach functions, and performing such other services as the district determines. Although employees in this class will work under general supervision, the position will call for significant direct interaction with students and will require independent performance of must job duties.
Incumbents in this title may perform some or all of the following, as well as other related activities not described.
1. Maintains an awareness of laws, rules, regulations, and district policies pertaining to student attendance and/or discipline;
2. Investigates incidents in which an attendance or discipline problem is indicated;
3. Confers with district staff concerning attendance or disciplinary matters;
4. Participates in individual or group sessions to discuss individual attendance or discipline matters;
5. Works with students, teachers, other school staff, and persons in parental authority to resolve attendance or disciplinary matters;
6. Compiles and maintains statistical data regarding enrollment, attendance, and other data related to assigned duties;
7. Contacts attendance office daily to report on attendance problems or issues;
8. May provide assistance to facilitate the alternative instruction program by supervising the conduct of assigned students;
9. Contacts teachers required to meet with students assigned to the alternative instruction program;
10. May assist in transporting students to and from programs when there are extenuating circumstances;
11. May conduct parental outreach activities when such contact is indicated as necessary;
12. May provide assistance to teachers in conducting classroom activities;
13. Keeps records and prepares reports regarding assigned activities;
14. May assist Social Workers and Administrators with records needed by the courts.
1. Good knowledge of student attendance and disciplinary polices, rules, regulations, and requirements;
2. Good knowledge of compulsory education laws;
3. Ability to establish rapport with students and to effectively interact with them in handling attendance or discipline problems;
4. Ability to maintain order in a classroom situation;
5. Ability to express ideas clearly both orally and in writing;
6. Good judgement;
8. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
(A) Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree; or
(B) Four (4) years of experience as a Teacher Aide, Social Work Assistant, or similar position involving direct interaction with children; or
(C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as described in (A) and (B) above.
HOW TO APPLY: Monticello Central School District Employment Application to:
Monticello Central School District Personnel Department
Attn: Rhonda Jeter
237 Forestburgh Road
Monticello, NY 12701
(845)794-7700 ext. 70541