POSITION: Automotive Mechanic
POST DATE: August 9, 2019
POST END DATE: August 23, 2019
START DATE ASAP
This position involves responsibility for the efficient and skillful performance of a variety of duties in connection with the maintenance, repair, and operation of a transportation system of a school district.
1. Three years (3) of experience in performing maintenance and repair of buses or other equipment used in the transportation of passengers. Candidates must provide adequate information about their experience to demonstrate their knowledge and ability to perform standard automotive maintenance and repair tasks.
1. Good knowledge of standard automotive equipment repair methods and of the terminology and tools of the trade;
2. Good knowledge of driving safety practices, traffic laws, and regulations;
3. Demonstrated ability to make difficult repairs to automotive and other mechanical equipment;
4. Ability to operate various motor vehicles under difficult driving and road conditions;
5. Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions;
6. Mechanical aptitude;
7. Good motor and hand and eye coordination;
9. Physical conditions commensurate with the demands of the position.
Special Requirement for Appointment: Possession of an appropriate New York State Driver’s License at the time of appointment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 23, 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Resume and Monticello Central School District Application to:
Personnel Department ATTN: Rhonda Jeter
Monticello Central School District
237 Forestburgh Rd.
Monticello, NY 12701
Tel. 845-794-7700 ext. 70541 Fax 845-794-7718