page top

red arrow bulletNews

Monticello Fire Department respond to alarm at transportation garage

Sept. 22, 2016

On Thursday, Sept. 22 at approximately 5 a.m., the Monticello Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm that went off at the district’s transportation garage on Forestburgh Road.

All present staff left the garage and the garage’s bay doors were opened while officials from the Monticello Fire Department examined and cleared the building for re-entry. The building was cleared for re-entry moments later. Busses are currently being dispatched according to their regular schedules.

The Monticello Central School District’s security and transportation team has consulted with the Monticello Fire Department and was advised that there is no danger to our staff, students, buses or community.

The district will post any relevant updates on the website should they become available.